View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys2 View Post
I like the idea of running beads around the tubes. If you have the room, you could slowly build them up, then file or dremel the back side square and you would have your own barbs. Just make sure that you wrap a wet rag in between the welds and the cooler. Don't want to mess up any of the coolers solder joints.
Welp, I ran a small bead at the end of the cooler lines. Cleaned them up and they don't look real pretty, but it works. Plumbed in the oil cooler lines.

Finally got the engine to run, and she runs pretty good. Might look into the electric start kit, but right now it starts on the first or second pull, so it might not be so bad. I ended up using a GY6 CDI and coil and convert the harness. The stock CDI's seem to be failing left and right, likely due to use and time, and the factory new honda ones are too high, if you can find them in the US. It seems in '86 they went to a similar GY6 style anyways.

Sorry Tom, I know I asked, but I had to try something I found on the trike sites, it was a gamble, but $6 for a CDI is a safer gamble than a honda unit.

Sitting and idling, the head runs around 180 degrees, the oil cooler dropped the oil temp around 20 degrees with no airflow. I am real happy with the engine so far. Also found the shifting is smooth and a little easier with it running, and surprised that I got the clutch linkage correct on the first try

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4-is...ature=youtu.be

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 11-09-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: words