Thread: No torque??
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 04:42 PM
Lurker

Default No torque??

I have a Kandi GKM150cc buggy, and when I got it, it had the wrong belt, it was too long, and flapped everywhere, knocking around the inside of the case. Obviously, it ran like doodoo, despite the engine running like a champ. I ordered the right Gates PL belt (742-20-30) and just put it on, and replaced the variator while I was in there, and put new weights in it. (three 8g weights and three 10g weights)
This sucker is still stupid slow off the line. It maintains good RPM when going uphill, losing very little speed, but all the videos I see of these things, they're breaking traction in grass, and cuttin' donuts from a stand-still. I put my 14 year old daughter in there (who weighs maybe 85lbs) and she couldn't get it to break loose at all, even in gravel.
Air cleaner is new, carb is spotless, gas is ethanol free 89 octane, plug is new. Am I missing something? I don't want to change the rear sprocket, because I don't want to kill the top end. Is this just the nature of the beast? Any thoughts?