View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Lurker

Default SRV 540 into a 82 FL 250 frame

Yes,its for me and the kids (26-48yrs old 6 of them-I didn't always build go karts) :-)

The trans is just a bearing hanger now, am going to add a split bushing and sprocket to the axle soon as I figure out what I need. Right now the jackshaft mount is just kick'n my butt. I have both Yamaha driver and driven clutches, how do I figure belt size if I move them out of spec? Once I find the right position for the shaft I can get a couple of gears and a chain (#40 or #50) not sure yet, then zoom zoom. (watched "Bolt" with the grandkids last Thursday)

The Scooter is a 1953 SEARS 811.40. Its 85-90% original. I run it every so often to go get the mail. The grand kids like standing on the floorboard and steering and operating the throttle while we run around our back yard. In the picture right background you can see two of the smaller karts I have, whats not shown is a MANCO INTRUDER that I had outside the fence.

If the FL250 ever gets done and runs, I'll be a happy camper. If it does not I guess I'll just have to keep pounding away at it till one of us gives up. Having a great time working on for sure.

Back to the Jackshaft tomorrow------------
Thanks
RDomke@Comcast.Net