View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Lurker

Default Yamaha SRV540 into a Honda FL250

Here we go again. Yes every thing I have seems to run. Sears 1953 scooter, Sears garden tractor, three go karts and the SRV540 runs like heck but has not gone any were yet.
I had to remove the Polaris brake cylinder and mount the FL250 mechanical system. I did not have enough parts to install the hydraulic system. Soon as I can get to the recycle yard I’ll get more parts for the install.
I have started to rebuild the cage. I have it cut down to front mount, overhead rails, and rear seat section. I’m cleaning the old welds, and finding the places that need new metal or reinforcement.
The articulated frame now has springs. The spring mounts are welded but my swivel bolts are to long right now. I got my old fat butt up on the frame center section and jumped several times, and it recovered with no hitch or drag.
Rolling it around I found that the tie rods hit the wheel rims before they get to the stop point. I will need every bit of turn I can get in those tires to make a decent turn radius. I guess I’ll work on that tomorrow.
Got a voltage regulator in today, something else to play with. Found a muffler on auction at EBay for $5.00, shipping was $20.00 but still think I got a good deal, should be here by Friday 10th.
This thing may run this month---------------we’ll see.
Hope you all enjoy this, I KNOW I DO!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 105.jpg (94.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 106.jpg (94.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 107.jpg (94.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 108.jpg (93.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 109.jpg (97.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 110.jpg (97.7 KB, 14 views)