View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
I located a wiring diagram for your buggy. You have 4 wires to the rectifier, 2 yellow, a red and a green. The green goes to system ground, both yellow come off the stator to the rectifier with one spliced to power the choke and light switch,the red splices off with one side going to the ignition switch, and the other going through the inline fuse then to the battery. Some Einstein tried to play electrician. You can e-mail me and I'll e-mail you the manual with wiring schematic, then sit down one day and rewire it the correct way. This is probably the reason for having to replace the stator. Get yourself a pencil type soldering iron with some shrink tube so as to solder your splices then seal with the shrink tube. You can get the iron and shrink tube from harbor freight, or give me a call and I can try to get you a new harness for the buggy. I would not run it wired like it is or you may burn up the stator and or rectifier.

TOM

tom@sycpowersports.com
662-301-1563
Thanks for the help. I think the Einstein was the manufacturer. Ive had them send me wiring diagrahms and schematics for this. With all the description of the buggy and what it says, they say it is a Baja Reaction 150cc. When they sent me the wiring diagrahm, nothing matched. There were other diagrahms in the file and i looked through them and found my exact wiring(everything matches exactly except for i have key and they show push button, and i have no brake switch)in the diagrahm for a DN 150. I know where the buggy came from and nothing has been altered since new. So i dont know if the wrong harness was used from the beginning or what.