Thread: BBK and BB case
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Your stock CDI should be fine. Most CDI's claim to advance timming but all CDI's advance the timming. Most of what you will find will be designed around the much lighter scooter and uses a different timing curve then the buggy does. You deffinately have a DC CDI. I have heard the claims from some that it will work on both AC and DC. I don't believe it. They will either be set up as AC or DC since they are two completely different currents. If you had an AC cdi I would suggest a performance due to the short duration spark they provide however the DC CDI's do not have this problem like the AC does. Your rev limit is capped at 7800 RPM and I do not believe your engine is going to make any more power over this RPM.
So after adding the BBK, A10 camshaft, and your P&P big valve head you dont think i will make anymore power to warrant getting a CDi with a higher rev limit?

Also do you think it would be worth it to step up to the A12 cam or stick with the A10? I love the low end and will be happy running 40 tops aslong as i get there quickly. Whats your thoughts Tom?

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust