Thread: climbing issues
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 AM

Glad to hear you got Xactly what you're looking for with your set up now.

The A9 cam really is meant more for the light weight scooters. Not saying it can't be used on a big engine GY6, just not practical for most of us.

It does appear the A12 or 13 in your case is really a good choice for these heavier buggies. I did like the performance I gained from my A11 but think they have some tight tolerances you need to pay attention to. (exhaust valve to piston contact to be specific) I am presently using the A10 right now and find that it has great mid to upper RPM power. I am currently trying to see if I can adjust my carb for better bottom to mid performance.

As it sits right now, it takes off really hard, then kind of falls flat a bit, then really wakes up once the RPM starts to get in the higher range. So if I can't "tune" the flat spot out, I will most likely be going back to the A11 or trying an A12 and see what happens.

Currently my set up is a NCY 2.2mm stroker crank, NCY 58.5mm Nikasil cyl, NCY 58.5mm ported head, NCY SS valves, Taida valve springs, Ported aluminum intake manifold, Mikuni TM 28mm flat slide carb, NCY CDI, Bando coil, iridium spark plug, and a TK exhaust.

CVT set up is all stock except for the Scooter Ninja 14g sliders. Stock Yerfdog internal gearing (13/40 I believe) 16T drive sprocket, 36T axle sprocket, and 22" rear tires.

Last edited by xlint89; 04-21-2013 at 08:26 AM.