View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 03:04 PM

Long time no updates. After a minor back injury at work slowed me down to a crawl, I managed to set aside some time to work on my donor engine since I had the pulse generator and new carb sitting on my workbench. Got the cam back in and the ignition components in place, and before I put the carb on, I wanted to see if there was spark after all this. Nope, and when I pull the plug, it comes apart in my hand, with the threads still in the head. It appears someone has siliconed the entire spark plug into the cylinder head, oh joy!

So this exercise has pushed me to go ahead and replace the stock piston with the flat top piston from the 200x model, which I was on the fence about anyways. Since I will ultimately have to take the head off, I might as well snatch it out of the frame, and do it on the bench, and hope the trans is in decent shape, since I won't be able to test it on the bench. This will afford me the chance to go into the clutch and replace the springs like I wanted to do for the added weight of the buggy.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'