Thread: BBK and BB case
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Heavy Contributor

On the CDI, I would say don't spend on a high dollar one as you don't know if it will be a benefit or not. I believe Johnny5 said one of his buggies ran better with it while the other actually ran worse. It really depends on the buggy. Because quality assurance is pretty much nonexistent, some of these buggies will have timing that's already advanced by the pickup. In that case you could actually advance the timing too far with the performance CDI and get performance that is not as good as with stock. So, it depends on the buggy. It's worth trying because you could get a gain, but because there is a chance of actually losing performance I would not go all out on your first one. Mostly it's the advance of timing that gives performance more than the loss of the rev limiter. That just makes it easier to blow your motor up.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.