View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Lurker

Angry Nicer than we are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgolden94 View Post
i have a carter and im not one to talk crap about them, im simply telling you what happened, and yes the top sprocket was changed. the one i rode was a piece. im telling you. but everything else was fine. the motor is amazing. its a torque monster. i just think the pre-buyout carters are way better. there just not as great anymore

Well you may not be one to talk crap but i certainly am one to state the facts. We bought our GTR250 in Feb. of 2009 and it has been out of service for over 8 months because Carter Brothers will NOT get a simple part in stock. Our CV axle broke and they make you measure it ours happened to be the one that has been on back order for nearly a YEAR now. They refuse to do anything to help us other than not return our calls and be completely rude to us. I hope for your sake that you do not have this problem as you won't be riding this thing for MONTHS possibly YEARS if you end up with the same issues we've had which apparently according to my local dealer is over 10 ppl just at his store that have that part back ordered with them. The biggest sham is that it was the 3rd time we'd rode the cart when it happened it has less than 10 miles on it and because of there crappy 30 day warranty we are even footing the bill. EVERYONE should make sure they have specific parts in stock for your unit before buying one of these hunks of chinese junk. They say they are made in the USA but why then is my part coming from China? only the frames are made in the USA ALL parts are from china and it's "assembled" in the US, i know two other ppl who have lawsuits out with them and they are in financial ruin at this moment and I hope they go under and we all get compensation for our time and wasted money!