View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 03:18 PM
Heavy Contributor

As far as mud flaps go, or fenders. BD makes a set, front and back. They aluminum. Very light weight. Don't believe they will lose any power as far as weight goes. Well worth the $$ and VERY affective, if installed correctly.

Floor pan?? maybe kill 2 birds with one stone. Cut out the old one. Put aluminum back. Cant weld it, to frame, but can cut to size, predrill for sheet metal screws, or make tabs for it to connect to. I'm guessing, you'd get rid of a lot of weight. A project I still plan on doing this year. Once get other things taken care of.
HINT::: pretty much all traffic street signs are make of a good quality Aluminum sheeting. Always need to replace them, due to reflective sheeting requirements. Cheaper to by new, then have someone replace the high price reflective sheeting.
Guessing a Local city, county or State maintenance office might have some out dated signs in there shop, can give away, or buy real cheap. They just take up space.
I know this, because I work for Kansas Dept. of Trans.
Might half to sand and polish up the sign. Back of the sign facing up. The reflective sheeting on bottom side, will just help protect it.
If done right, thinking would look pretty sweet. Very affective and will lose a good amount of weight.
I know those signs don't look all that big going 70mph down the road. one mid size sign, would be big enough to cover for floor pan.

Last edited by tkeagle; 10-17-2017 at 03:25 PM.