View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 12:39 PM
Lite Contributor

Yep. I just had to pull the head and cylinder off to be able to get a long flatt tip screwdriver to fish around w/the chain and get it back on the sprocket. Probably could have just done the head, but I think it would have taken more time fishing around w/the chain.

I've been running around back and forth a few miles daily this week. I just got new exhaust gaskets yesterday and a PD24j (? whatever kind of carb I have) rebuild kit today and figure I'll give her the works this summer and I have done very little other than a couple fluid changes over the 5 years ive had it. Other than jets, I've done nothing w/the carb since replacing the choke 5 years ago. I'm kinda bad as I don't even really clean it or drain it ever. I just run marine gas w/Stabil in it (got a couple big jugs I keep on hand in case SHTF and the buggy allows for a 'rotation'). I think it's worth it's price premium. I think I might of spent 4 or 5 hundred 5 years ago... so I've well got my money's worth.

Not as much top end w/the A13 but she's got good bottom in and huge mid-range while falling flat so she won't turn high RPMs because it doesn't have the power up top to keep pulling. Good enough for my purposes.

I think next up will be tires 2" taller. It's still got the original rubber which is finally starting to show some treadwear.