Thread: hey mb1134
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1134 View Post
Well i can tell you with all the parts i have put into the buggy so far, i am not very impressed. I notice a difference, but i guess i just expected more. .
You have to remember that these engines only make around 10 HP. So, 1/2 HP is a 5% gain.

There is no single "bolt on" item that is going to blow you away with these. Usually it's a combination of perfectly matched parts that all adds up to a noticeable perfromance boost.

For example, just an UNI filter, just a carb rejet, or just opening up your exhaust isn't going to do much. But if you combine all 3 of them, there is quite a difference felt.

Here, see what I mean in this thread? Post #11

http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2670

Notice how one mod made a small difference, but by the end, they all added up? I can tell you there's a HUGE difference between the kart when I got it and now. Is it a rocket ship? NO!!!!! But much better than it was stock.

The big Q is: How fast do you want to make it, and how much $ are you willing to spend to do so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLESTAK75 View Post
I am going to take a chance with my head and take it down to the automotive class at the vocational school and let the students try their hand at P&P. I figure they can't do much worse than me.
Not a good idea IMO. They're teaching kids how to disassemble, diagnose, and repair cars. Not build performance motors.

You're better off just cleaning up the rough casting imperfections, smoothing out the exhaust port, and port matching the head to intake manifold and exhaust pipe yourself.

All some kid is going to do is make the ports bigger. Not necessarily a good idea for a buggy engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Already shot an email to Tom about the heads, just waiting for a reply!
Give him a call for faster response. He can give you more information in a phone call in less time than sending E mails back and forth.

Last edited by xlint89; 01-06-2013 at 01:54 AM.