View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Lite Contributor

Default This happened to me.

this exact thing happened to me with my 150cc carter gokart. i probably will happen again so here is what you do. unscrew the top of your carb. there should be four screws there. once the top is off, you should see a black rubber thing that takes up most of the top of the carb. pull that out. there is a needle at the bottom of that which when you are running on the pilot jet plugs up a little hole in the bottom of the carb, and when you hit the gas to let in more fuel and air, that needle gets stuck therefore you are trying to run the cart off the pilot jet and not te main jet. your problem is that the thing that holds the needle in that bubber thing is broken. turn the rubber thing upside down and a little metal disc with a hole in it should come out. take that and then pull the needle out of the bottom of the rubber. now you need to get some soder, and soder ther disc back on the top of the needle where there should be a groove for it to fit perfectly. after you soder it, u need to stick that needle down thru the top of the rubber part and out thru the bottom. the piece u sodered will keep the needle from clogging that hole every time u go to hit the throttle. make sure the needle is in that hole at the bottom of the carb which u can see by simply looking down, and then put the rummber thingy back in. screw on the top of the carb again. and fire it up.