View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

Your correct ckau. I have found in an A-12 cam one from Stu and other from MRP. one had a 3 deg overlap and the other a negative 7deg. overlap. The thing with cams is the more that are ground on production the centerline gets off track then when the sprockets are pressed on one may have a 5 deg. or more timing retard. But this is the same to a point with any major cam company even comp cams or like. However they will have a better quality control to where after say 10 cams the stock to cnc is recalibrated. Custom cams are more precise since they will be ground not in production mode. The Taiwonese cams are better then the Chinese in this respect but as a whole are not persay like a Hot Cams for their cams spec out very close to one another. I personally degree all my cams so that I get the most performance but with these cams since the sprockets are pressed on it makes it very challenging and time consuming for the sprocket will retard or advance 5 degrees with as little as 1/64th off. The A-11 is mainly a higher lift cam with not much more duration then a stock cam the A-8 will have about a 7 deg. overlap. So none of the A series cams are anywhere radicle they are all sport grinds basically or mild grinds.