View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but I see you guys are talking about electrics and I don't want to start a whole new thread for a simple question.

What do you all think would cause erratic voltage readings from the electrics in these buggys.

anytime I put my ground probe from the multi meter on any ground on my buggy while it is running the readout is all over the place.
I've unplugged the stator while the kart was running and it still did it (I left the ones needed for the CDI plugged in).
Whenever I hear "erratic" and "electrical" I think "clean and tight". Is every wire clean and shiny where it is grounded to the frame? Is every connection tight ? I've found as I was fixing mine that the connectors were old, cracking, loose, dirty, etc. Since these are mostly "pre-loved" (yeh, right) and sat outside for who knows how long and probably not maintained, they are more prone to deterioration. I went through every connection to see what shape they were in, and ended up just replacing the engine harness since I could not find exact pin and socket replacements.