View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Contributor

Here is a little remote starter switch that I rigged up. First you trace the wires and disconnect the wire connection that is going to the front switches (mine has four wires). Then you trace the wire from the engine side of the connection to the starter solenoid (my wire is Green with a Yellow stripe). The wire goes into a rubber boot and is permanently connected.

Next insert a small nail, wire or brad into the Green/Yellow wire at the connection terminal.

I made up a remote starter using a momentary switch and two alligator clips. However, you can just use a jumper wire with alligator clips on each end. Connect one end to the nail at the Green/Yellow wire and touch the other end to bare metal on the engine.

The starter should now spin and the motor may even start. If the starter spins, you have some type of problem in the front part of the wiring. “NOTE” if the motor does start with this configuration, you will have to reconnect the original wires to use the kill button.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.