View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 09:20 PM

Well, I have the engine mounted in the swing arm, what I thought would take a few hours has taken 1.5 days, and still need tweaking.

The first pic has what I had planned to use for the exhaust, but obviously I will be doing something else, lol.

I do have a question, this engine has 5 mounting points, two in the front lower case, one on the very bottom rear, one at the top of the case at the very rear of the case, and one more on the head. Since I have to fab all the mounts, I was wondering how many would be sufficient, and still allow for relatively easy engine removal, if needed later. I have 3 mounted so far, and had a fourth, but it was almost impossible to remove the engine, so now its been removed.

The second pic shows the 4 mounts on the lower case, the red ones are mounted, the removed 4th mount is the green one.

I did run into another issue, the frame in front of the engine will need to be cut and clearanced to clear the valve cover when the suspension articulates. Also, it might get a little warm in the passenger seat. I may consider cutting them out and moving the engine back a bit, but I fear I may not have enough room for the jackshaft
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130706_152955.jpg (94.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg atc200s side view.jpg (80.1 KB, 12 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'