View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Heavy Contributor

yes, your valves could be off, you should take the 4 bolts from the valve cover and check the valve clearance. Per most manuals on the GY6 150 both should be set anywhere from .003-.005. Some guys can tell you what is better for different styles of driving, I just split the difference and set both mine at .004.

I would check the fuel enrichment also, it can be stuck in the "on off" position. Meaning the plunger is pushed down and not contracting (basically your choke is off making it harder for fuel to enter the mix). And when it's cold it will suck trying to start the buggy.

These little engines are not as complicated as it may seem. I'd rather sit and learn how to fix it so if any problems arise I can trouble shoot it myself and get it fixed fast, and save a few bucks in the process.

T.J.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.