View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 10:14 AM
Heavy Contributor

I seen that he was using those ball joints. Just didn't register. Think they look better. Didn't realize had to tap out and put insert in.
Seat belts. There are plenty of places to mount. Depending on how long they are. 5 points are nice. They keep you in place. They can a pain also. Alot of times we go out, its our kids, maybe few kids friends and adult friends. Alot of different sizes. Kids from 60 lbs, to adults 100 to over 200lbs. Got to adjust adjust belts every time change out drivers. Quick adjustments and quick release, comes in handy. Just guessing since you putting in 5 points, you got kids. No excuse for safety. But is a pain when 6 different ppl, are constantly getting in and out off buggy, and changing drivers.
Oh ya.. other thing I figured out. I non stop was touching up the paint on either side of the seats. Sometimes big chunchs. Thought was just rocks. But was in weird places. Then figured out, it was the 5 points doing it. Ppl hit the quick release. And throw the belts off them. The metal ends would slam on the tubing. Taking pieces of paint off. Especially the big piece that holds them all together. That one, is heavy, and took big chunks out. Like slapping a hammer down on the body.
Trying to get kids, to be easy when taking off belts. Bad habit to break, apparently.
I kept the original red powder coat paint on it. Put new paint over it, help with bond, and extra protection. The metal claps, will knock out chunks out of the powder coat. Not sure if high issue for you.
But I do like keeping mine, very clean. Not sure how to resolve this, other then changing bad habits.