View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 01:51 PM
Lurker

I had one of those, a early one, 2010. I assume yours is newer, your referring to American Landmaster instead of the previous American Sport Works.

They did a electric system upgrade in 2014? (its mentioned in the manuals, go to ALM website) so I can only go by my version.

ASW was installing the RR's wrong early on. They had a single phase stator/RR setup, using the 5 wire RR with the mysterious black wire. Instead of connecting that wire to a switched power, they connected to the auto choke.

The other problem was they jammed all kinds of components into that small electric box. Those RR are significantly high heat generators and require venting. Not good.

My RR crapped out and did affect the autochoke, not shutting it off and causing overrich.

I replaced the RR to fix that problem but at the same time I converted to a manual choke. I'm in MN cold and found that the auto choke was ok down to about 40f, flaky below 40f and no good below 30f. The manual choke worked down to about 10f. I didn't run any colder because the shifter didn't like it.