View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Lurker

Post Carbide 150 sputtering has me baffled, help! 😜

Hello all from Nashville! I have a Carbide 150 purchased from Tractor Supply back in 2008 or 2009. The past few years I've had it stored mostly, but now want to get back out on it with my two girls (9&6).

Starts fine (new battery), but will sputter and choke out at around 10-11 mph. I took it to a local repair shop (A-1 Funcycles) here in Nashville, but they weren't able to figure it out in a timely manner so I paid them $200 (ouch!) for basically no change in performance.

They did a compression check (175 lbs.) which they said was good, cleaned the carb. and gas tank, spark plug, valve clearance, and maybe a few other things. I have also put a new plug wire/coil (orange one from eBay dealer), new stock CDI.

I've tried running it with the gas cap off to see if that was the problem, nope, still does the sputtering, new spark plug, checked air filter (stock) and read lots of posts here and at another buggy forum, but I'm still stuck.

Any ideas? I'm thinking its a fuel delivery issue, but I'm not sure. I've pulled the plug and the spark is great.

Thanks in advance...

- Steve