View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 07:31 PM
Lite Contributor

Default new hammerhead project

i started by doing an oil change and it ended up with the engine removed and it torn apart along with the rest of the buggy. i have looked and looked but i could not find my engine code on it anywhere there isnt anything where everyone elses seems to be but there is a lot of other letters and number all over the case.
on the top right center of the case there were the numbers JL1109-19Aand JL-3
on the upper right of the case in the center of it were the numbers/letters
BGSNX 150LUV
JL1P57F
i looked under the cvt cover on the front left of the engine and there weas nothing.
i decided to go ahead and order the top end rebuild but i want to be sure i am ordering the right size. every time i measure it with some calipers i get a different number which i have no idea how.
Also i have an internal reverse gearbox and i can not find a new gasket for it anywhere.i opened it up just messing with it because there was a very loud whirling noise and i thought it was a bearing but everything looked okay in there so i went back and looked at the gear oil that came out and it wasnt nearly what it was supposed to be so i guess thats why it was running like that. but now my gasket is in multiple pieces and i desperately need a new one.
thanks in advance, John