View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 08:13 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.h View Post
i typed a long message in reply to those two messages but i guess it didnt go through. i was saying i might get the a12 cam the new one i got is an a9. it was also asking about jetting the carb. i have no clue how to do any of that and even when i went to open up my carb i couldnt because every screw on it is broken off. i got the rebuild kit in the mail yesterday and went to check out everything and it all fits!!!! only problem is i dont have a pulley puller to remove my fly wheel or a torque wrench so i went up to advanced auto to rent one and i had a heck of a time the first thing i got didnt have anything the right size it was all to small so when i took it back i took the engine with me and they had nothing that could get it off. the guy working there said he has a puller at his house that should work so i am going back up there this afternoon to see if we can get it done. also the torque wrench they gave me has a 1/2 inch drive on it and the majority of my sockets are either 3/8 or 1/4 so i have to buy an adapter for it but ive needed it anyway because my my pneumatic impact driver has a 1/2 inch drive too and i would like to be able to use it on more things without having to buy a new socket set. i have a few deep sockets with 1/2 drives but the smallest i have is a 5/8 and i need metric for these chinese things.
Wait pulley puller? What all exactly are u needing to replace? I thought u where just doing a top end replacement? Jetting the carb is simple as removing a screw and putting a different one on.... However i am almost sure you have a carb like mine that don't come with screws but rather rivets or headless screws... Youtube on how to change jets on a gy6 carb.... Now to get into the carb, use a dremel or a hacksaw and carefully cut a deep slot on the top of those rivet like things....make sure you get in deep as they are on there a bit tight. Use a flat screw driver and screw those things off, u can replace them with 4mm screws