View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 07:55 PM
Lite Contributor

Okay so here's an update on where I'm at. I've tested every peice of wire or connector and anytgin I could think of and I found out I had a bad ignition switch. When I messed with te key a little and just kept moving it back and forth it would turn over a little. I ended up getting it to spark a little but couldn't get it started. I had the cdi and solenoid and everything tha goes inside the electrical box hanging out still and I reached over to give it more gas on the carb and put of no where my new cdi pops and starts melting everywhere. I had it in my shed when I was working on it and within seconds I could barely breathe there was so much smoke in there from the melting plastic.i unplugged the battery quickly and took the cdi off with a rag and got out of the shed as quickly as I could. So this new performance cdi that I got with my rebuild kit really didn't work to well considering it basicly blew up in my face. I'm going to email the company that I got it from and see what they will do. Luckily I still have my stock cdi so I can use that still. I'm just having one problem after another with this buggy.