View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 02:31 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
The top hose from vacuum operated fuel pump is the fuel to carb, the bottom line goes to vacuum. The larger lines are the vent lines from crankcase, trans case and carb. The EPA mandates these vents to run to air box to burn vapors. Older models vented to atmosphere. If the air box is replaced with UNI or like filters you will have to vent to atmosphere. According to EPA regulations if you run closed circuit (sanctioned events) you are legal to remove pollution devices, but running open circuit(non sanctioned events)is not legal to remove. If eliminating air box, a UNI, K&N or R2C or like filter will be needed along with a larger main jet usually .122 to .125 for a stock engine. Vent hoses from valve cover, transmission, and carb will vent to atmosphere. One of the 2 vacuum tees (if equipped) will be eliminated and routing will be as such. Manifold vacuum to tee. from tee to lower nipple on fuel pump, last port on tee goes to diaphragm on right side of carb.
Thank you that had all the info I needed and then some I'm gonna get this back together here soon now and my ignition switch and new solenoid will get here by Friday supposivly Amd I got a volt guage too that I am gonna put on there so I will know if my battery is running low