View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:53 PM
Contributor

I mounted the front swing arm box for a testing fitting and tried out some old motorcycle shocks I had laying around for a replacement to the stock front shocks and came up with a couple questions.

1) The motorcycle shocks I have are 14" which are 4" over the stock shocks. To help account for the difference I am considering flipping the bottom swing arm. The mounting brackets for the ball joint isn't a concern as I'm planning to replace with a heim joint. Is the bracket mount exposure on the bottom much to be concerned with? Just curious what your thoughts are with doing this based on your experiences.

Mount on top ( Too much angle?)

Mount on bottom (looks more appropriate)

2) I noticed I have pushed the bottom of the swing arm box forward when I reattached the mounting bracket. I didn't cut enough off to account for the larger tube. How much should I be concerned with this? Is this going to cause me enough issues that I should cut it off and shorten it? Once again, just looking to get feedback based on your past experiences.

3) I'm using this thread as a project log. Should this be located somewhere else on the forum?

Thank you...