View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Lite Contributor

Default 30MM CVK CARBURETOR Question

I can't find any info on these carbs to figure out what the stock settings are. I know thats not the optimal setting for any one engine but I'm totally and utterly lost right now on the air/fuel and need a starting point.

I bought a carbide with a ton of mods and took it for a ride to find it not reaching above 4k rpm and being very slugish, then after a few seconds of wot it would fall on its face and stumble almost to the point of stalling. It would do this back and forth for a few seconds and eventually die.

I removed the plug and replaced it, ran it and found no sign of fuel ( didn't smell like fuel ) and was not black. Funny thing is the plug wasn't white either. It was just the color it was when installed minus some discoloring from heat which made me believe it was running lean. So i richened ( turned the air fuel out 1/4 turn )

This made it worse. went back the other direction to no help. Eventually got to the point now where it won't even crank at all. I'm getting good fuel to the carb, I removed the carb and pulled of the bowl and found absolutely no dirt or grime and a spotless carb.

Put it all back together with a new plug and tried again.....still won't crank. It will backfire 1 out 5 times trying to start it but thats it.

Don't even know what to do at this point. I know its probably just not the right air/fuel but I've tried going to the extreme side of what should be rich and working my way back until I get it right but like I said I can't even get it to start and run at this point on literally and sort of air/fuel adjustment.

Any and all help is appreciate because at this point I'm ready to roll it in the street in front of moving car