View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Lurker

Default DF200GKA Performance Boost

I bought a DF200GKA for my daughter to ride on the trails while I ride my RZR. We haven't had it out on the trails yet but we've been cruising it around the neighborhood to play with it, and it has a top speed of about 30-32 with just me (about 200lbs) or her and me (about 300lbs), which is fine, but I'm a little worried that it doesn't have enough torque power to get up hills. And, it would be great if I could make it quicker too to make it a fun little ride for me or another adult to zip around on some trails in.

It has forward, neutral and reverse and a cvt clutch, though honestly I'm a go kart nube and don't know if that is a torque converter or just a belt driven clutch.

I'm open to all suggestions up to and including putting a Predator 420cc motor on with a throttle limiter I can adjust to keep my 14 year old safe while letting adults get crazy. I just don't know if the clutch and gear box can handle the bigger engine, of if there are other mods I can make to the stock 168.9cc engine and clutch.

Any help in making me less ignorant is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.6 KB, 34 views)