View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Heavy Contributor

Howdy MB. I haven't been able to get anymore riding in since my test, but when I tested it I didn't notice much difference in overall performance. My reason for changing back was that the pulley was not opening up that last little bit to squeeze that last bit of speed out. I felt that the straight slot at the end of the race groove would allow an easier transition to that last bit. I was right as testing it up on blocks showed. As I revved it up it opened as normal and then stopped opening at the normal spot, but as the rpm's increased after this it hit a point where that belt slid up 2-3mm's more. The problem was that the rpm's it took to get this out of it were too high to reproduce on the road with the 11g weights I have. So I am (in the future) going to be getting some 13's and trying (first) half 11's and half 13's to get an overall effect as though I have 12's in it. If I feel the need for a bit more I will put all 13's in it. I could stand to drop a few rpm's through my shift anyways so the heavier weights I think will be a good thing. Going to be at least a few weeks before I can get to that though.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.