View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Lurker

Default Kandi Max runner Really slow!

I just bought this kandi max runner brand new got it all put together and it tops out at 25mph.......... 1600$ later im not at all impressed with this kart. I have a Manco helix 150 it hits every bit of 40mph with me on it and I also have a talon 150 that hits 38 mph, those speeds are pretty fun alot more than creeping around at 25mph.
I contacted killer motor sports about this because when i spoke with the saleman he assured it was also a 40mph kart! not even close to top it all off I went to change the spark plug to a ngk and the piece O Shiz chinese plug snapped at the threads and I had to tear the top end down to get the porcilen out and I still cannot get the threaded part out. So now I have new busted cart that the dealer is supposed to be sending me a replacement part for but I haven't heard from them yet it's been a week.

Okay I'm done ranting,
I am really wanting to make this gokart faster atleast 40 50 would be awesome but unlikely.
I have been looking into a 190cc BBK and a 8mm stroker crank for 230cc which I feel would be plenty of power I was told they run warm but IDC as long as I get the speed, We use the karts to go riding on gravel. I would really like some input as to what route you all would go. I really love the kart overall and would love to mod the heck out of it.

P.s i don't want to go through the hassle of sending the kart back and getting nailed with a 500$ restock fee. And Killer motor sports also still has not sent out my free helmet and shipping took 3 weeks to get from date of order and it was advertised as free lift gate and home delivery they tried to bill me 400$ more to ship to my home I don't think I would purchase another kart from them given my experience they act like they care they get there money and then they toss you out to the curb.