View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 12:21 PM
Lurker

Exclamation Maxxam 150 2r need some input please on top speed

Looking for suggestions as to what speed I should expect and what to try next to get top speed up...

My son has a Maxxam 150 that was running about 45mph on a performance coil and performance cdi.

The piston and rings burned up so we replaced the cylinder and piston with the 155cc bore kit. At the same time we went ahead and installed the A9 cam, reset timing and valve clearances and replaced air box with 39mm pod filter. At this point the buggy bogged down around 1/2 throttle.

We installed a new 30mm carb and still had the same issue even with adjusting mixture multiple times, so removed carb and sent back to amazon after reinstalling air box. It ran well but still slower than prior to cylinder replacement.

Yesterday complete carb cleaning and went from stock main jet on stock 24mm carb to 120 main jet and pod filter. No longer bogging, idles and has faster acceleration but tops out at 28mph on flat or downhill. No bogging that is just the speed it will reach, was really expecting more for the upgrades

Again, looking for suggestions as to what speed I should expect and what to try next to get top speed up...

Current mods:

155cc Cylinder & Piston
A9 Cam
120 main jet
Performance CDI (No Rev Limit Blue Unit)
Performance Coil (Orange)
Replaced clutch with new stock unit
Variator replaced and installed 13g weights (14g stock)
Removed air box and installed pod filter

Last edited by ItsjustT; 04-25-2016 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Left out item