View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys2 View Post
Ah,

The sound of the old Honda ATC engines. Sounds good and tight and the jetting seems to be pretty good on the carb. Good job on using the GY6 CDI. I would suspect that you will have a little more pep with it. The ATC engines were never really high performance tuned. I would bet that the CDI will have a little more advance built in as well as a higher rev ceiling .
That was the general consensus on the trike sites. So many guys complaining about fouling plugs and intermittent shut downs on the old 200es models, then one guy chimed in and suggested the GY6 $5 CDI. Several members reported back that their machine never fired off on the first pull, and never sounded as aggressive as it did after the change. I stuck with the standard CDI, as it has the minimum advance built in, and the engine has a mechanical advance driven off the cam, which is adjustable. The carb is a chinese keihin copy, when I checked, it has a 38 pilot, and 98 main, which is leaner than stock, which should have been 40 pilot, and 100 or 105 main. The body is bigger than the original as well.

I am not too worried about the jetting right now, as I still need a filter, intake tube, and will be running a larger pipe and muffler. right now its showing rich, and I messed with the pilot screw a little bit to stop the popping in the exhaust. BTW toomany, I held the modded muffler up to the pipe, and it drastically lowered the sound, and sounded pretty aggresive when I revved, so you are right, and I am happy

I been taking it easy, nursing a bum knee all week, so today I just made some pedals from angle iron and left over spacers from my shifter build. Tossed the idea around of hanging them off the frame, mimicking automobile style pedals, and it would have allowed me to hide the master in the bulkhead, and mount it the way I really want, but I like to keep things simple. Made them a little long, that way you don't have to step right on the pedal stem like the stock ones. Also allows me to lay my gynormous feet at an angle and still hit the pedals. Still adjusting to the time change, so I ran out of daylight before I could tack them in on the floor.

I am reusing the yerf master and caliper(for now), so now I have to steal Ckau's method of attaching the master to the pedal. I'm not 100% happy with the choice, but it beats moving the pedals closer to the seat and sacrificing leg room in an already small frame.

I am also planning to add an additional down tube from the top frame halo to the floor pan brace, which will also act as a rest for when not on the brakes, to avoid riding them. I might look into moving the seat back another inch or two, depending on what the exhaust pipe looks like after install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-11-10 17.49.57.jpg (94.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-11-10 17.50.25.jpg (96.7 KB, 10 views)

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'

Last edited by Masteryota; 11-10-2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Pics