Thread: A12 cam on 1p57
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Lite Contributor

Default A12 cam on 1p57

Hello everyone I recently purchased a hammerhead gts 150 and I already did some mods to it. Uni intake, straigh shot muffler exhaust, ngk plug and performance coil, 130 main jet ( elevation here is 400ft) . It ran great, toped out at 46mph, it also surprised me on it's ability to climb ( i'm 200lbs), I wanted more power so I (like an idiot) bought a motorio A12 cam and installed it no problem, also p&p the intake manifold, dialed in the valve gapping and put it all together, it started right up but soon after start, it starts to die. I noticed that if I feather the air in by partially blocking the intake it stays running, If i give it gas it revs nicely but at idle it just seems like it needs more gas, like it's sucking too much air, I already ordered a 38 pilot (came with a 35). Now i did more research and found out u cant put a A12 on a 1p57 due to the springs not being able to compress all the way. I quickly went out and checked it out. The springs don't max out on compression and i took the head off and the valves don't seem to have ever hit the piston... The original cam on intake lobe measures 26.3mm the A12 had 27.0mm So I don't see a big difference on the lift. Should I leave the A12 in? And also I thought it couldn't be done on 1p57 heads? The block actually says JL1P57F... Thanks for any help