Thread: engine ID?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Power User

mission accomplished. It's on the rough side, has some rust underneath and some on the right side tube, but nothing too worrying. rear shocks are rusted--shot. bolt for the rear tire is snapped fully inside the axle ...whee that'll be a fun one. and it's missing a front and rear tire. 3 hp briggs has good compression and spark, and some nicely congealed gas in the tank. Now for the good part ... the seller of the mini has a basement full of bitsas. has the front and rear suspension from a quad complete with swing arm & axle with sprocket, chain and brake disc & calipet, a-arms, shocks, hubs and brand new tires. it looked like china small atv stuff. $50 for it all and he's bringing it down my way (works 5-10 minutes from me) and saving me two hours of driving. Turns out that he's the nephew of my neighbor whom i bought the yerf from. bizarro world strikes again! Now i've got til feb 1 to finish this thing! time for a new thread. and of course, the atv arm widths (they're also only like 6-8 inches long) match the little thing, so she may start out the gate with some slightly larger tires and suspension on it. oh, and the sprocket is one the wrong side, looks like it was an early one with the buzz-bomb engine.

Last edited by x-bird; 12-20-2011 at 07:56 PM.