Thread: Mods installed
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
A few posts back it was mentioned about adjusting the needle. The CVK carb does not have an adjustable needle as the slide carb does. There are some tricks though but it would be easier for me to explain over the phone.
I take it that I am only using 75% of my available power since I am not even using the main jet
because I get the same performance with a 120 main as I do with 134 main.
I did notice however that with the 120-126 mains the plug metal tip did become scorched white.
The 134 main still does not put any color on the porcelain, but after running it for a 1/2 hour today and a 1/2 hour yesterday on that same plug ( cleaned it with brush) I am now picking up a small amount of black around the base ring ( see below picture, There is some residual scorch white on tip ).

I could try the 140 main, but I am just not feeling like going in the carb again unless I have to ( I think I have had the carb off at least 100 times since starting this thread )

If you think i should adjust something and do a TRICK with the carb, I will do it.
I can give you a call tomorrow if you don't mind. What would be a good time for you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1577[1].jpg (95.4 KB, 50 views)