View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 07:59 AM
Lurker

Unhappy Jetting question

I understand the principles of carb jetting, but here's my issue...I have a yerfdog with a Howit 150cc engine, bone stock with only a Hammerhead Performance exhaust and Unifilter intake kit, a orange HP CDI and coil upgrade and a new standard NGK copper plug, my question is why when I jet it at 130 does it bog out really bad, but runs fine on a 108 jet? Its starts fine, runs up thru the rpm range fine, and hits the upper rpms fine, does not hang and comes back to an idle just like it should, now this is all done in my shop while up on jack stands with no load other than spinning the drivetrain. Right now I'm also repairing the front suspension because the previous owner hit something with the right side suspension assembly and there are a few tweaked components, it can be driven but it turns like a garbage barge to the left, turning right is not a problem. Will it act differently once there is s load put on the engine?
2004 Yerf Dog GX150 (on going project) Hammerhead performance exhaust and intake with UNI filter, 3" lift, HD ball joints, ATV hubs and tires, Baki Performance coil and cdi, NGK Platinum plug, LED lights, Lithium battery.