View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Supporting Vendor

Good Question!! This is the reason I want to hold a sort of qualifying round on Friday. A stroked and fully bored 150 is very close and sometimes over 200cc depending on the amount of stroke and bore. Most already know the performance gains between the stock gy6 and cn250 vs the moded. I will assume you will be in the 150 super mod since the cc's will be close, but since you fall betwen a 150 and 250 the times run on Friday will determine where you end up. The main thing is we want everyone to have fun and not feel they have to put money a bunch of money in their buggy to have a chance to win. This is why we traditionally split classes of 150 and 250. I had just came up with the idea this year for the 150 super mod for those of us who have the stroked engines, since they have a tendency to run quicker in the 300ft. The last couple years the stroked 150's mostly won, so we are going to try to mix things up a bit so others don't feel they have to dump more money in their buggies in order to win. Don't want to make this too complicated either.

TOM