View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
I'm so excited for all of the Buggy addict's that are able to attend the bash- We just can't afford it-1400 miles worth of fuel just isn't in my very tight budget I have, as I still haven't landed a descent paying permanent job yet. I'm sad that I won't be able to meet & play with the fine members of this forum in person. I know everyone that attends will take some good pictures/video to share with us that can't go and post some good stories too.
Tom- thank you for considering my placement in the drags!!!!!!
I was really looking forward to meeting you and Family, but I do totally understand your situation as well as anyone elses. This economy has really taken it's toll on the family especially the middle class family. I do plan on doing some video as well as pictures for those who can't attend. I myself would love to hit more of the bashes around the states but like you and many others the money just don't go too far today. Most who have lost jobs making a descent living are finding that if they can find work especially in their field of expertice they now make half if their lucky and less if not so lucky. People over 50 yrs. of age have the toughest time finding a decent job. So I do understand anyone who just cant attend with strong hopes that one day near we will once again enjoy the fruits of our labor.