Thread: Smoke is bad
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Lurker

I was going to put a larger cylinder on the engine. Ordered it from a company that said it fit ALL GY6 engines. Took the old one off only to discover it didn't fit because mine is the B engine with the two bolt valve cover and the seller of the jug kit had apparently never heard of it. So, I had to inspect and completely reassembly the old cylinder which seem to be in good shape and reinstall it and reset the timing chain and check the valves. I also installed a new carburetor. Like I said, it ran for two minutes.

I have been doing electrical diagnostics on the generator based on information I am finding on the net. I know that the trigger coil has a peak no load voltage of 9. 6 VP and the power coil puts out 56.2 VP no load. I am going to put the CDI back and check the voltages again. I found a circuit diagram for the CDI and I think it's just a triggered voltage doubler. I would like to find some technical specifications for the CDI because it may be affected by the timing of the trigger pulse. That's where I stand at the moment.