Thread: White Smoke?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Lurker

Default Top end noise...

Thanks for the info. Tom. I've yet to break it down, but do hear some engine noise from the front of the motor- under the carb. Will fire it up a couple more times before breaking into it- and will take apart the extra motor that possibly had the same issue- it too was smoking and eventually quit all together. I think it had run low on oil. I've had the toughest time keeping oil in them, but they don't leak. The angle to put oil in- even with a funnel is really time consuming. I tilted the entire kart to put oil in them the last time. Might that have caused something? Not a mechanic, but have tinkered with them so much that I'm becoming one! Made a chain guard from a tin vent pipe, a throttle spring out of a heavy clothes hanger. My next project is to get the brake lights going (the kind with the switch between the seats) since I now have both of them in service. What I'd kill for is that Model's (Sun L Model 2A) owner's manual. Have one of the front wheels to unstick a brake caliper too. My two youngest sons are 12 & 15 so got them as sort of projects. They haven't disappointed me in that regard, but we have a blast riding them as well. Thanks for the information. Will get the size of the cylinder as soon as I get something to properly measure them with.