View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Cool

Once again I'm posting a catastrophic failure!!! The Spiderbox has been such a good toy and provided MANY hours of fun. It has had many improvements/upgrades and it's been abused over & over again, it amazes me how much abuse this thing has sustained without damage to the original chassis but the day has finally come. I warned my daughter about the weight capacity. As our guests continue to get older they get larger! One of my daughters friends is a large person now and I'm convinced that contributed to the failure it caused this last week. It's rained & stayed relativity warm so the playing hasn't stopped till now. The pics. below may be hard to understand without viewing the whole kart but it amounts to a chassis that took all it could take from jumps off a 12' +/- hill over and over.The hill is in the far right of the video that is followed by screams! I've yet to disassemble it for repair as I was trying to get the Frankenbuggy #2 fully operational and out of the shop. The good news in all this is that the front-end repair/modification performed flawlessly and isn't damaged,so my efforts will be confined to the rear this time.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHvW49zkvOw
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spiderbox damage 001.jpg (61.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg spiderbox damage 002.jpg (41.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg spiderbox damage 003.jpg (39.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg spiderbox damage 004.jpg (49.9 KB, 13 views)