Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum - View Single Post - Trailmaster 150 XRS electrical
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 11:33 AM
Contributor

Bigger battery will not make a difference if your not able to charge it. Check the voltage of the battery while it's not running to see if it's good. Then check the voltage while it's running with no accessories(I.e. Lights, radio, etc.). Then check it while everything is running and on to see if you can support what you've added. It will make more wattage when riding, but idling can also drain the battery if it's not putting out enough. The battery is only used to start the buggy, the stator supplies the power to charge and run the accessories.
The 150 doesn't make a tremendous amount of electrical power to begin with. I had one that only had a 6 pole stator years ago that wasn't too great to add extra lights too. The 8 pole stator that most have now are much better, but you still have to watch what you add to the buggy.
Led lights run off dc, if used with ac they will flicker and eventually burn out. The Trailmaster you have is dc as far I know.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD

Last edited by EVILWS6; 05-22-2018 at 03:33 PM.