View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 09:57 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbob View Post
Those are perfect for my upper front lights, the lower had yellow running lights and a normal headlamp light, these.

I like that 2-step function, Is anyone aware LED lights that also offer that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFauxFox View Post
As far as when you're rolling the proper technique is actually cross your arms around your chest. This way if the steering wheel jerks back and forth you don't break your wrists/fingers. I made this mistake when I was driving a UTV two years ago and the steering wheel really messed up my hands... Couldn't drive the rest of the day and let me tell you, my hands hurt like hell... Nothing broken/sprained but very very sore (and I was only doing 10mph tops). You can always get some arm straps to prevent this kind of thing from ever happening.

Glad to hear everybody is OK!

I would suggest getting some cheap incandescent lights and swapping in some LED chips and a small block of aluminum to act as a heatsink. Those things are SUPER bright (even without a lens). Additionally you could take a small aluminum bar and make a light bar with those chips.

As far as buying premade goes I would dig around on eBay... For the most part LED's are LED's and as long as you buy from a highly rated US seller you'll be fine
Honestly as the go kart was rolling over I could hear in my brain my speech to my boy "hold onto the T-bar" and I did exactly that! It happened so fast, yet felt like slooowww moootion while it happened. A friend told me her go kart rolled and her boy had compound broken arm because he did not keep them inside the roll cage zone. Did not know about the cross arms over chest technique, makes me wonder is that reality when it's rolling already?

I've do so many DIY projects, simply my whole basement and whole home theater.
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...in-screen.html

However, in this case stay away from DIY LED lights and get the premade ones, amazon or ebay.