View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Heavy Contributor

Default New FL 350 Project

I did buy a Ford FL 350. In previous threads this is know, but just want to make combined thread. A few pics of it. Needs some work. But in all think the engine is sound.

Just having issues with it running Rich. But think I'm getting there. Think there is an issue with the choke. But realized the throttle cable was worn in the carb. So now I need to replace the throttle cable before doing anything else.

However, did notice after getting down and looking behind it. It looks as if the driver sides drive shaft is long than the other. I took a quick measurement. And would say it's an inch longer. And why the driver side tire is inwards. How big of an issue is this? Also, anyone know why there is cables tied to the rear members? On both side, and they tied to same locations. So I'm guessing it serves some purpose?

PPL brought up that I need to do a Leak down check, and compression test. I'm going to get a compression test soon. Anyone got recomendations on what brand or type works best?

Also read about the Leak down test. I got the idea, but still little confussing. Anyone got any links to a video, or discribtion of it. And even a list, or recomended parts to get a good seal? Is there such a thing as a kit to buy?

Just hoping to get it running solid for the season. So can play with it. Then this winter will start going into it more. Looking to make it more lower end, rather then top end. I dont need to go 60 mph. Rather throw some dirt around. .

Thx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 350 a.jpg (94.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg 350 b.jpg (98.6 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg rear shaft.jpg (91.2 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg carb.jpg (93.6 KB, 34 views)