View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 07:32 AM
Heavy Contributor

finally got some pics. Was late in the afternoon. So some pics didn't turn out, or couldnt see due to the shade.
But here is a pic inside of the carb, and the cable was frade. replaced the cable. And a pic of the clip that goes on top. With the pin in, clip slides in, and locks on the outside of inner wall. Then the spring goes on top. Did NOT have time to take carb apart to put clip in. But will put it back Asap. So again, was asking without that clip in the carb. would that affect my WOT?

Pic of back of engine. Thought was a better pic of clutch, but was cut off. The yellow oil cap in the back. It says oil. But it's just a cap. No dipstick. What level do I need to keep it at? To the upper right. Is that aftermarket or what? Not sure what that is. Temp?

I'm guessing thats just stock exhaust. is it safe to run exhaust without the silencer? or does it engine need the back pressure?

One other thing. Had an issue starting yesterday.(BUT actually first time I've started it, since I ran it last when had the WOT issue) Ran for very little bit, Then acted funny. Got worse. Then died. Then couldnt get it to start. Very frustrated. So went to basics and checked the spark plug. (brand New). Looked OK. Cleaned it. Then tried to check spark. Son was not around, so tried to get a ground myself, plus pull start it. Didn't work so good. But noticed that I was getting a spark. But I know it wasn't grounded good. I got the (other new spark plug I bought) stuck it in, and on first pull started right up. Could the spark plug been messing up at the higher RPM, and causing my WOT issue?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb float.jpg (90.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg clip.jpg (92.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg rear engine.jpg (95.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg exhaust 1.jpg (97.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg exhaust 2.jpg (96.6 KB, 11 views)