View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 04:58 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeagle View Post
Really wish I could get ahold of the guy that did the modes. So I know what's been done. And where to put my focus on. Don't have any spare cash right now. Hoping to take to auto zone and at least get a pressure test done. And if finished moving. Hope to do a leak down shortly after.

Gas tank says 20:1 mix. What I've been reading. Any modes added. Its better to go with 32:1. Can anyone confirm that? Also was brought up to keep your oil level, on the lower part of the dip stick. I'm questioning that statement. Is there a good reason to do that?

Thanks. Guess I'll half to get the clip back in. And give it a short test run with that and new spark plug. See if still have issue with the WOT. Still need to get brake pads for it.
Use a 32:1 mix. Thanks to much better 2 stroke oil then they had back in 85.

I assume you meant compression check, definitely a good idea. really should be the first thing you do before you ever rev the motor at all. A 2 stroke with low compression can cause you to lean out and melt a piston.

The oil is only for the balance shaft, not the crank shaft. Running it a little low wont hurt anything. I preferred to run mine full with a vented cap, it keeps it from forcing oil into the starter.