View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 08:52 AM
Heavy Contributor

Well, at one point, I was going to agree with you, if hair dryer would work. Tried it a few times. setting the dryer on it 3 mins or so. Didn't move. Then realized that hadnt' put any lube in it. Most ppl reported useing PB, or wd40. I put a little 2 stroke engine oil in the choke. Let it sit for 30mins. Then started heating it up again. Put the dryer on it for about 6mins. When first pulled on it, nothing. So got a small hammer, tapped on it, and tried to move it up and down. It broke loose!! One more pull and it came out.

Cleaned it up. Did notice some slight scaring on the plunger, and looked a little rough on the inside wall of carb. All my fine sand paper is still in a box somewhere. So cleaned best I could. Took a little 2 stroke oil, and coated the plunger and inner wall. It went back in OK, but not as smooth as would liked. So until I find my fine paper, and my dremel, going to keep an eye on it. Check it before I put it away, make sure it's not locked up. That being said.

Put the choke back in, and noticed right away there was no slack in the line, like was before. put carb on. and actaully backed off the idle screw 1.5 turns. Didn't give it any gas when starting it. In 3 pulls fired right up, and stay at a good idle. Also notice the carb wasn't spitting out gas anymore.

Made a great difference on how it responds. And when back off throttle, doesn't smoke. Did notice that when letting off throttle, it took it's time reving back down. Not really slow, but slow enough that I took note of it. Maybe still to Rich?

Now I feel like I can actually tune the carb if need to. Today, im barrowing a compression tester, and see where I'm at on that.

Yes I see that it can nickle and dime you. But from the input from you and few others, was exspected. I dont mind. My next buggy I wanted needed to have some power behind it. For ME. was thinking about a sand rail. But way to big. And when this one came up, Locally. Seemed like was time to jump on it, if got it for a good price. Leaning curve is more than I exspected. But will learn. Just hope with min. mistakes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heating carb.jpg (91.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg un stuck choke.jpg (91.0 KB, 6 views)