View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:58 PM

Default 62mm 2.2 stroker FUBAR

for you goes who don't know what FUBAR means it means ****ed up beyond any repair. Anyways this motor did not last for anything. It lasted in break in time then 3 straightaway runs that's it! Oil shot everywhere first off and made a mess.

ok so that's the pics of oil everywhere I shut it down. Saw the oil everywhere. Cleaned everything and had to push it from my trails all the way to my garage which was pretty far!

Then I start to tear into the engine.
heres the starter clutch which is the upgrade one that didn't last for **** either I was always having a hard time at start up

ok next step go into engine

So this case is now in the garbage! along with the piston and rings of course and the starter clutch. The head and cam are ok and I will be saving them. I have the crank to still pull off bringing to my dad to pull the gear off to see if I can save the crank! As far as I can tell I am not happy at all with a 62mm bore my personal experience it makes the case walls way to thin. As you can see the entire dowel pin threw my case in the one pic and in the other pic the other one in the top right was already starting to crack threw! I have a a lot of $, time, and aggravation into this and hasn't been worth it at all. For now the buggy will be sitting I believe for a while as im not sure where to go from here with what do to for an engine for herbie. I can tell u if I do ever build a engine it sure wont be a 62mm bore.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.

Last edited by jmansracerocket; 07-20-2014 at 09:56 PM.