View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1134 View Post
I feel your pain jman. I have had nothing but issues with the 62mm bbk. The first lasted one good trail ride but then cracked the piston on a routine run around the block. The second seized the rings flat with the piston for some reason and the worst part is that I didn't run it WOT. I had it in the garage just running it a little and running it at different rpms to break the engine in. I am currently on my 3rd piston. I changed the oil probably 4 times and I still see shiny tiny metal specs in the oil, which look like they are coming from the nicasil treated wall. I have kind of given up on the thing and will be taking it to the local Polaris dealer who sells them. Hopefully they can figure out my my current issues and I won't blow this one as well.
From my own experience now with the engine I cant see how a 63mm bore could last. Ive been reading more and scooter guys that tried 62mm bore kits also didn't last long. The walls are just way to thing!! the power really was nice but I will not build another one at 62mm. I have been doing a lot of research and the taida big block seems like a very good design from what im seeing and reading. Its expensive but seems like better quality, and more power. Like I posted before I still need to sell the yerf dog first then some other things to clear room and get $$ and then think about the taida big block. For now herbie is sleeping in the shed awaiting for a new beginning.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.